Portfolio: First Presbyterian Church Northville, Michigan
This church addition is a seamless integration of old and new, expanding the Church’s ability to accommodate growth.Read more
Established in November of 1829, the First Presbyterian Church of Northville is the oldest Protestant church west of the Allegheny River to practice its ministry in the same location. The goal of its membership was to link this important history to their vision of welcoming growth. The addition is a seamless integration of old and new, greatly expanding the Church’s ability to accommodate the significant membership growth that continues to occur. It allowed the Church to increase opportunities for education and fellowship, providing an additional five classrooms and additional kitchen space.
After renovating 15,755 sf and adding 13,132 sf, the building size is 42,258 sf. The project took 15 months to complete, and includes a family life center, a youth ministry area, a preschool and Sunday school facilities.
Owner: First Presbyterian Church of Northville
Architect: Architects Design Group
Project Manager: Mark Hiser
Location: Northville, Michigan